Please note there will be a change in pool timetables at both Darwen Leisure Centre and Blackburn Sports and Leisure Centre due to half term. Please see timetable for updated session times.
Please turn your phone to landscape for the best viewing experience.
Royal Life Saving Society UK – RLSS UK: The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification at BwD Leisure
– Excellent starting point for a career in the leisure industry
– Opportunity for career progression, as most leisure managers start off as pool lifeguards
– Varied working hours
– Work within a team
– The NPLQ is recognised around the world, so potential to work and travel
– Great way for students to fund studies
– Learn essential life skills, including First Aid and CPR
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
– Jump / dive into deep water
– Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
– Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
– Tread water for 30 seconds
– Surface dive to the floor of the pool
– Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits
Latest course dates:
|Venue||Darwen Leisure Centre|
|Course Dates||Monday 13th February – Friday 17th February 2023|
|Time||8am – 5pm|
Applications can be collected at reception of all buildings.
For more information please contact the Leisure Hub on 01254 585555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org